Thursday, August 28, 2008

Livin' like Fable

I finally sketched what I want my tattoo to look like. It's rough--I still have to figure out the shading and coloring--but it's got all the basic elements, and the ankh is dead perfect.

Anyway, have a look, y'all, and hit me back with what you think. I'm kind of excited, myself. :)



EDIT: Forgot to mention locale. The tat's going here:



UPDATE: I'll be visiting Tony Morrell at Jinx Proof Tattoos, provided I can get an appointment. He comes highly recommended from a coworker who's had quite a bit of work done, herself.

3 comments:

The Caustic Critic said...

My only advice is DO NOT let Ern lie to you and tell you it doesn't hurt. It's not excrutiating, but it's definitely painful.

Also, I recommend having it done on, like, a Friday so you can run around shirtless for a few days while it heals.

It's a cool design--what colors are you thinking?

Josh said...

Good tip--thanks for that. I like the fact that on their website FAQ, the first question is "Does it hurt?"

Of course it does. But its not like getting an injection from a needle that goes deep into your skin - its like getting scratched kind of hard on the surface of your skin with a pin. There is some pressure, but its more annoying than anything else.

I plan to scream like a brat the entire time, of course.

I'd love to do the jester in gold and blue, but I'm not sure how it'll look against skin--I'm going to draw it up in a few different shades and ask Tony which colors he thinks will turn out best. (The guy's art is ridiculous.)

Anonymous said...

Joshua Donald Hill, if you get a tattoo I am going to hurt you. Love, Mama